Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Puh-leez check out all the pictures

So I have spent the last three days organizing our photos online and ordering actual prints (I blew up our photo printer, remember?). With the slowest wireless internet connection Ireland has to offer, uploading has been more than a challenge in patience. So please, please, please take a look at the PicasaWeb site. You can click here or on the link to the right. Not that someone else's pictures are all that interesting, but I wanted to put them out there. It's good practice for when we have the baby, anyway. With friends and family thousands of miles away, we will bore you with gigabytes of baby sleeping, baby smiling--wait, that's just gas, baby squirming, baby looking at the camera. You get the picture.
Seriously, no pun intended.

But that's all I have to blog about today. It's been rainy and crummy outside until just now--4:30PM. And there's only an hour before the sun goes down.
We were really excited about the new episode of LOST--fortunately that program is popular enough here that we get it less than a week behind you guys. I wish American Idol came on more frequently than just Sundays here--it's taken a month to get through all of the auditions.

I went to my 20-week check-up with the midwife yesterday and the baby was a real showstopper when she was trying to listen to the heartbeat. Baby was on a mission not to be detected, so (s)he kept swimming away from the doppler wand. Finally, (s)he gave the wand a visible karate chop/head butt/field goal kick to express his/her real feelings about being spied on from the outside world. Gave me and Mary (midwife) a really good laugh. Everything is fine. World's most boring pregnancy continues--good!

John and I are attending a workshop this weekend on hypnobirthing that should be pretty interesting. It's one of the few classes for people interested in natural childbirth here, so we are excited to see what it's all about.

But that's about as much excitement as we can handle. Chica #2 came by the house for some tea today and she was the first person to actually see the new house. I really need to be more social! I visited her casita--actually more of a mansion--yesterday and that was really cool. Chica #1 returns with her Chiquitas tomorrow. Valentine's Day! Ugh! John's coach called a meeting for tomorrow evening--what was he thinking??!!! Oh well, I guess it sort of takes the pressure off the guys to do dinner, etc. We're playing it low-key, as usual.

So, really, that's all our scoop. no pics today as I am few up with dealing with pictures for a few days. More to come, I promise!

No comments: