Wednesday, February 06, 2008

QUARANTINE

No, folks, it's not just the intriguing phrase on "the hatch" from LOST, it's my life these days. . .
I seem to have come down with Ebola. Hantavirus. Bubonic plague. Bird flu. Perhaps all four. All I know is that I felt better giving birth to a ten-pound baby without drugs than I've felt in the last couple of days.
Which leads me to the most important point: SABRINA-5; SUPERBOWL-0
Yes, I managed to once again ruin the Superbowl for my wonderful husband. At least this year I had a fever and was too weak to even pick up the baby. Not like the year I forbid even turning on the television and insisted we play Scrabble the whole time. (Don't ask; I don't even know what that was all about).
So, yeah, we actually had plans to get out and be social and go to a party at our friend Brian and Sara's house for the Superbowl and we ended up having to cancel. My DH handled it with poise and grace, but considering he had been looking forward to it for about a month, I know he was disappointed. And hello it's not like I was jazzed to spend the Superbowl curled up on the couch in a fetal position and being convinced to take a cold shower to get the fever down. (Okay, so it was never "cold"--just several degrees cooler than my usual "hot-magma-melt-your-skin-off" shower.)
But the most important thing? Zane is not sick. And I'll trade a few days of feeling like poop for him to be fine.
Anyway. . .I'm slowly returning to normal over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EEEEEK! Germs! They're everywhere! So icky to be sick. I'm glad that you feel a little better and that Z didn't catch it. HUGS!