

Tons of texturizing and snipping, then blowdrying, looking, snipping, trimmimg some more and voila! We have a haircut. Don't make fun of my hairy neck, either!!! That furry throwback to caveman days is there to keep me warm in these cooler climes.
(Honestly, I think my face looks a little pinched and weird, but I think it's because I'm paler than I have ever been. Or maybe because I was taking my own picture. Anyway. . .one of those cases where you see yourself and you are like "I don't look like that!")
Just so we know each other better, let me tell you that I have had more haircuts in 2007 than I had in 2005 and 2006 combined, I think. I'm one of those "get it cut and then 6-9 months later maybe get it cut again." Needless to say, my relationship with my hair dresser back at home involved lots of lectures about ponytails and how I represent her work to the public (these were not good lectures). But she gave me close to what I wanted, so I guess I couldn't complain. I mean, I kept going back for three years, so she did something right. . .
But this is definitely a "me" cut. Short and angular and not much to blow dry because of all the texturizing. I can even make it funky with some wax. It's funny how sometimes a personality-fitting haircut can just feel like "home."
And let me tell you. . .I've been around the block with hairstyles. . .I did the pixie/spiky/waxy 'do for years and while my students thought it was really cool, it was not exactly the best cut for me. Then the long, one-length "style". The "I've been growing it out for 3/6/9/12 months" styles. . . I'm not vain about much, but I really do always want a good haircut. Though I rarely keep up with them.
Seriously, I cannot believe that I have spent this whole post on my hair. I feel like Paris Hilton or something. Or that girl from Clueless.
Anyway, I promised in the title the good and the bad.
The good: Aside from finding a new BFF at the Peter Mark salon, we found Dr. Pepper at the "Everything's 2 Euro" store--3 bottles for 2 Euro. (No dollar stores here--this is about as cheap as you get. 2 Euro is close to US$2.70)
The bad: Our neighbors threw a rockin' party Sunday night. We didn't hear a peep out of them all weekend until the moment we went to sleep at 11PM (after watching LOST--totally addicted). They did not stop until 5:30AM. I wore earplugs all night and could still hear their "Oasis" singalong. Is it just a cultural Irish thing that we need to accept or is it reasonable to have a talk with the neighbors about the partying on work nights? Could someone from Ireland comment, please?? Beccy?
There's no "ugly", so that's even more good news!
And I am even later still on getting to the Thank You posts. Manana manana manana.
10 comments:
You look hot.
Seriously foxy.
That's totally the style I asked for and didn't get last time I went to the salon.
I love the hair. I wish I had the nerve to do that!
Enjoy the Dr. Pepper.
VERY sassy.
Since I've started having my hair colored (to hide the premature? gray) - I now go to the hairdresser every 9-10 weeks. I enjoy that time to sit and relax while they do my hair. But - I keep getting the same style - just a trim, please.
Dear sabrina. I love it! It's like a mega concave bob and every time i go to the hairdresser, I ask for that but they keep saying "You're hair isn't long enough to cut it in that style.." Here's hoping for when I go back to oz!
Jenny: I truly believe no one in the Houston area can do this cut. I tried salons from Friendswood to the Galleria for 6+ years and finally "found" my haircut here. Sigh. Hop on a plane and we'll get you a booking!
Min: You never know what you've had until it's gone. . .the DP for sure! The hair would go with the shoes. ..seriously
Karmyn: Pampering is good for the soul! Good for you!
LMM: Argumentative hairdressers are a pain, but I feel there is a fine line between arguing with them and acquiescing--they do have sharp scissors close to your jugular. Best of luck with the new 'do!
Love the hairstyle, and low maintainence as well, perfect.
Hmmmmm, pondering the neighbours party.
Nothing like that has happened here and I think it is very inconsiderate of them to make noise that late not only on a work night. I can't believe they didn't warn you.
I guess if it was a one off say 40th birthday and they had warned you then ok but you don't want to let it become regular. When your baby arrives you'd be able to say you've a sleeping baby but it is tricky to confront the neighbours. I'm afraid it's never happened to me so I've no advice.
Your new do is sooo cute! Love it! It reminds me of your hair a few years ago. But I distinctly remember your short spiky phase when you first got to Brook.
Yes, this comment is being posted at 3:50 in the morning. I can't sleep. Baby, anxiety, stuffy nose - all of it. I NEED spring break!
See you soon!!!!
That's a great style and suits you, Beccy is right when she says she likes low maintainence.
Your neighbours should at least have had the good manners to warn you about the party and it is difficult to complain as you don't want to create an atmosphere let's hope it was a one off.
Beccy and Chris: Thanks for the advice. They have about one of these seemingly impromptu sessions a month, but they have only warned us about/invited us to one of them. Tricky situation is that our neighbor and landlord are very close and we don't want to move out but we don't want constant noise or animosity with the fellas (they're two bachelors). Maybe we just need some stronger ear plugs. . .With the thin walls, though, they will hear plenty of the baby crying, and at least I will not feel bad about that!
Stiggs: Thanks so much! I feel perkier like back in those days, too! Gosh, I hope you get some sleep!!! Sorry to hear you're feeling bad! Miss you!
I think it looks great. Seriously! I always envy women who can wear their hair so short and look so good!
Post a Comment