Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mail call

Jury duty?

Are you absolutely s****ing me?

Being hugely pregnant IS NOT one of the acceptable exemptions, apparently.

I so love checking the mail.


Yes, this is my third post of the day.

This is the second time I've been summoned in two years. Is that even fair?

13 comments:

ChrisB said...

I cannot believe you are not exempt that seems most unfair.

willowtree said...

You need to get yourself a criminal record, it works for me.

willowtree said...

I just had a random thought...given that you are getting so close to the big event, you may want to think about changing the name of your blog. Sabrina Uncorked gives me some really strange mental images of a baby being shot across the delivery room.

Sabrina said...

ChrisB: I am certainly going to make my case for it. .
WT: Will work on the criminal record. And the renaming. Good point. . .thanks for the fantastic laugh!

Anonymous said...

Okay - call me crazy, but I have always WANTED to be called for jury duty - and they only called me ONCE - my daughter was 3 months old, so I wasn't able to go...and then I moved to a new county before they could recall me. I'd LOVE to serve. I think it would be fun.

Bethany said...

In the last eight years I have been called FIVE times. The first time was interesting. The last time was horrifying (I had to sit on a child molesters trial).

If I am never called again I will be very happy.

Pamela said...

kind of like two jurors for the price of one!!!

I've been called three times - and never chosen. I'm getting a complex.

One time the question asked of me "Have you ever threatened anyone?"

I looked at the attorney with shock and said, " Whaddaya think... I'm a mother !!!!"

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear sabrina. Of course, I read willowtree's comment and then yours, and checked the title. How about 'Sabrina's Adventures: Pear-shaped' or something like that. Not referring to you, because you're fit, but the fact you live in pear land (I just love the suburb name).

As for the jury duty - hmm. Imagine if you went into early labour while you were being a juror? They'd have to start the whole trial over again, or wait for you to resurface after having the bub! I've never been called, btw. Some people get picked over and over again. Others, never.

Aimee said...

I think you can get out of it. I was called right before school started one year and I said that I didn't want to serve because I felt strongly that I needed to be there the first day of school. I was let off.

I would kinda like to serve sometime - but definitely not on a murder trial or anything horible (like bethany's molester trial).

Sabrina said...

Karmyn: I'd love to serve, too, when it is convenient for me!
Bethany: That is nutso. Hope they stop calling you!
Pamela: You are WAY too funny! I'll have to use that one sometime!
LMM: You make some compelling points I plan to bring up when I call in to try to get out of this today! Still working on the title
Stiggs: Thanks for the tip! Hoping they will be understanding!

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky. Enjoy.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Too funny. I've only been called twice...once for California, after I had just moved to Connecticut. The second for Connecticut after I had just moved to England. When I called the woman in Connecticut, she said I needed a good reason why I couldn't appear, so I told her she could fly me back from England if she really wanted to...she didn't think it was that funny. Oh well, my sense of humor wasted.

Sabrina said...

Mark: Trade ya!
CC: Sounds like we have a similar sense of humor. Hopefully my excuse will be sufficient!