Today I'm committing to posting as much as it takes to catch people up (assuming people are actually interesting in the minutiae of my life, but whatever).
So I have to start with my eco-geekiness: the compost seminar.
We showed up at the P-Land Recycling Center at about 3 minutes till the seminar was to start and there was absolutely no parking. All the spots and along the road were filled with hybrids and fuel efficient cars. And then there was my truck--oh well, we came with it full of stuff to recycle, so I guess I get some credits for that.
We quickly learned that only the first 34 people who arrived would get to purchase a compost bin and the rest would have to wait for another order to come in.
There were over 50 households represented when it was all said and done.
I must say that aside from some crazy non-organization about who really counted as the first 34 people who arrived that Keep P-Land Beautiful did a wonderful job of presenting composting info.
And we did get our compost bin:

My DH was really starting to fear that I was going to go all ballistic and crazy and hit some other hippie over the head for the compost bin, but it didn't come to that.
But I wanted that bin, let me tell you!
So we're off on our magical mystery tour of composting. I'll keep you updated. Like you really care about our compost. But I do, so that's all that matters to me right now.
Oh, and there is a Fun Monday happening, but you had to write a poem, and that's just not my thang. These days I'm lucky to put together two coherent thoughts. Or even one. Depends on what time of day you catch me.
Okay, I'm heading off to round out my workout on the elliptical (yay, love being back), and then I get to start my list for the day.
By the way. . . I uploaded some fun and interesting pics on my Shutterfly this morning, including belly pics (HUGE!!!) and some cute stuff with the dogs, so check that out if you have nothing better to do!
3 comments:
You are cracking me up, you eco-quasi-new-age-pregnant-hippie-chick, you!!
That's some compost bin; glad you didn't have to wait -I'm interest in the anti-vermin advice you got!!
Stephanie: Glad you got some chuckles, chica!
ChrisB: This one "locks" so hopefully we will avoid the Texas-sized rats. They also encouraged us to bury kitchen waste inside the compost and not to throw out any protein, dairy, etc. Hopefully that will do the trick!
Post a Comment