Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Random

So today all I've got is a heaping helping of random. . .

Jenny over at MamaDrama had a hilarious post where you Google "'your name' needs" and then you learn what cyberspace deems appropriate for you.

Apparently, Sabrina needs:
-3kg of fresh red meat per day and a lot of exercise. If she doesn't get these things, she will become very dangerous
-someone to embrace her activity level and provide outlets for her to work off this excess energy
-help
-her beer to golf!
-a beard
-her Parisian makeover
-her wand to perform most spells

So if you haven't seen what you "need" lately, Google yourself and have a good laugh.

Last night's LOST season finale kicked some boo-tay. I seriously did not want it to end. Rumor has it that we have to wait until 2008 for the next season. That will probably work out well with the arrival of KidZilla. Maybe after six months we will be settled in enough to actually watch a television program every once in a while.

Speaking of having kids. . .it took me 4 hours from start to finish to vacuum the house today. No, I wasn't hoovering the whole time. I just kept stopping and clearing up piles of stuff in every room until things looked a little more presentable and organized. Is this what it's like when you have a baby? Things just move very randomly and slowly? Anyway. . .my next task is organizing my pantry. Yes, to my pregnant mind this IS important stuff that must be taken care of immediately. In addition to getting sour cream for dinner (tacos) tonight. Must be done.

I'm exhausted!

I'm hardly two days into keeping my food journal for the midwife, and I am totally hating it. Being the overachiever I am, of course I want to be her super-healthiest pregnant momma. Unfortunately, this is causing my brain to short circuit and cause a serious case of the FAST FOOD DEMONS. Normally, I don't have a problem eating healthy. It's just that now that it's in the spotlight I feel tons of pressure and I just can't stop thinking about junk food!!!

I read Mindy's post at MamaDrama and was dreaming about fast food pickles all morning. Darn pickles. Since I'm having some swelling, I'm supposed to lay off the dill. Darnit.

So that's about all the random I have. Other than my brain is just not working too well. Oh well! Perhaps tomorrow things will clear up!

Oh, and one more thing. . .a long time ago I posted about our "step dogs" from the neighborhood: Maggie (a beagle) and Toby (some sort of chihuahua/min pin mix). These dogs have spent more time at our house than at their own, I think. Basically, they bust through their fence and come to the front door. Our boys like them a lot and seeing as how often the two have shown up in the past couple of years, they like us, too.

I asked B and J, who were living in the house, if Maggie and Toby came to the door a lot while we were in Ireland. Not once, to their knowledge.

We're back not three weeks and the gruesome twosome has found us out.

While I was preparing to vacuum the front room, I wanted to dust off the windowsill, so I lifted the blinds and who was there but two smiling, wagging dogs. This made Blanco and Tex go ballistic and before I knew it I had four howling, yodeling, wookie-noise-making dogs trying to get to one another to play through the front door.

Since returning the duo to their rightful home involves capturing them, calling Jean, their owner (whose number I used to have memorized, seriously, as they came to the house so frequently but I can hardly remember my own name any more, so forget about her digits), and then leashing up Maggie and carrying 12-lb Toby about 1/2 a mile. Anything gets heavy after 1/2 a mile. Not to mention that Tex usually gets sick in some way after a day with the step dogs. And it's currently 83 degrees and very sunny. So Mags and Tobs are roaming the neighborhood all afternoon. They just stopped by again for a nice serenade with the boys.

At least I wasn't trying to take that nap I've been envisioning all afternoon. . .

Now I'm serious about that being all this time.

5 comments:

ChrisB said...

You've had a really hectic day by the sounds of it. The story about your 'doggy visitors' is amusing but not so good for you I'm sure, particularly if you have to return them home!!

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear sabrina. How do you do it all with a bubba in your tummy? I wouldn't have the energy full stop. I didn't think your thursday was too random at all.

Aimee said...

This sounds as bad as checking out the last day of school. Loads of walking from place to place and never seeming to be quite done. Although you at least had some music (yodeling!) to brighten your day. Hope you and the whole fam are doing great! See you next week!

Beccy said...

Phew, I'm tired just reading this!

Anonymous said...

Cute doggie story - when I lived with 4 gal roommates, the next door neighbor cat would come over and paw on the huge front window for my cats to come out and play. It was hilarious.

(and my cats would go to the window and then bolt for the front door - and they would play - seriously! no cat fights - just run around with each other)