That the coffee someone else makes for you tastes WAY better than coffee you make for yourself.
I went to Starbucks this week because I had some time to kill between dropping off my DH's dry cleaning and the herb store opening so I could get more of my super-pregnant woman herbs, so I went to a new Starbucks in the area. (Not new but new to me.) I so have not been to Starbucks since. . . okay, since the time Stiggs and I met up there in October and both were ordering and being like "Um, well, so like what do you have that's, um, decaf" and we totally knew that we were both about to tell each other that we were pregnant. That was a cool moment. Anyway. . . I'm no big fan of the Starbucks, or expensive/fancy coffee in general (although the fair trade, home roasted stuff Barrett had was really good, if strong) but I sure enjoyed the hell out of that cup of joe. Actually, my nonfat decaf latte.
But I enjoy when my DH makes coffee on a weekend morning just as much. It just tastes better. Must be about someone doing that for you.
Anyway. . .
And what's the deal with daycares taking vans full of small children on field trips with no car seats? Aren't kids supposed to be in seats until they are like 5 feet tall or something? I was driving into Friendswood (yes, Pearland is right next to Friendswood--I cannot make these names up, people) behind a Land of the Little People van and there were all these really small children--I dunno, like 3, 4, maybe 5. And they were not in car seats. This really worried/bothered me.
I just like this picture. It's the "parking garage" outside the Carrefour that was closest to my DH's apartment in Shanghai.
I've been super lazy about blogging and commenting. No real reason, except that it is challenging to elevate my feet and type on the laptop with our current set up. And that's about all, folks. I am going to go put my feet up and rest and try to convince this baby to make his or her appearance.
Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and all is still the same. Baby is good to go--just has to make up his or her mind to join us out here.
So that's all for now folks. . .
3 comments:
S-
Hey. My friends here in HS are having their baby this afternoon/evening. We've been going up to her (she was due last 4 days ago)... tapping her belly and saying...
"this way! follow the sound of my voice."
you and dh are still in my prayers.
It was great talking with you today. I went to Starbucks this morning and thoroughly enjoyed my half-caf coffee.
Can't wait to meet our little ones!!!!
Dear sabrina. hahahaha friendswood! I wanna move to texas!
Post a Comment