So Pamela commented last night about when I'm nesting--really nesting--then this baby is going to come within 24 hours. I'm taking a moment to assess if I have really gotten into nesting yet. . .with the move, it has been difficult to tell. . .
I'm conducting a rating system to see if I'm in full nesting mode or not--you tell me. . .
FIVE: number of casseroles I've made--AND FROZEN--in the last week. This is not counting an additional casserole and pot of soup that I froze previously.
TWELVE: spare square inches of space left in our freezer
ONE: items of Tupperware left in my cabinets to be shuffled around for packing DH's lunch every day very creatively. All other Tupperware? In the FREEZER.
THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY: pictures I've put in scrapbooks in the past two days
SIX: hours I worked nonstop scrapbooking yesterday
ONE: scrapbook I actually finished in six hours of scrapbooking yesterday
SIXTY: minutes of walking and working out on the elliptical yesterday to jiggle this baby out
FIVE: number of weeks I've been procrastinating ironing all of my DH's dress shirts for work
TEN: number of seconds it took to drop off said dress shirts at the dry cleaners today to finally get it done
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO: number of boxes I unpacked while moving
EIGHT: boxes of stuff I gave away to charity after unpacking
FOUR: times I've vacuumed in the past week. Okay, so with two dogs, this is not terribly abnormal, but I thought I'd mention it. . .
SEVENTEEN: times I've bugged my DH about hanging/hammering/drilling/measuring something in the baby's room
ZERO: number of things left to do in the baby's room before it can be occupied by a small human
ELEVEN: days until my due date. Not that it means anything. I mean, this is a first baby, and they will let me go until 41 weeks 6 days before they will induce. (That's July 13 for you math types)
SEVENTY: average number of minutes I can sleep at a stretch without having to go to the bathroom. That is, if I can get to sleep. . .
THREE: centimeters dilated
SEVENTY-FIVE: percent effaced
[Seriously, I am talking about my nether regions here. Does anyone but my find it weird that at this stage in pregnancy you can talk about your hoo-hoo with complete strangers like it is perfectly normal? And that perfect strangers actually ask you about these things at the Starbucks??? So because of that, I've decided it is blog-appropriate.]
THIRTY-EIGHT: weeks I loved every moment of being pregnant. Now I'm just ready to meet this kid!
And I know KidZilla will make his or her appearance at the perfect time--his or her time, that is. So we really aren't in much of a hurry. I mean, we'll have this kid forever, so a few more days or weeks doesn't really make that much of a difference. . .
Or at least I wasn't in a hurry as long as I was sleeping really well. Like, until a few days ago. Now that I am sleeping like crap, I figure we can go ahead and have our life be changed forever.
By the way. . .
I totally love how perfect strangers like to try to scare you about having kids and how "horrible" it is. ??? Complaining about hating your kids makes you sound like parent of the year for sure, buddy. Like I'm going to listen to someone I totally do not know. Puh-leez.
PS: I made the lasagna Pioneer Woman has/had the recipe for up on her site and it is to.die.for. It also feeds an army. I swear the pan weighed 20 lbs. I considered lifting that pan as my arm workout for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Ummm, yeah, I'd say you're nesting. Really, really nesting!!
Hey, can you come scrapbook at my house!! I'm SO behind!
Stephanie, all my shamrock and Irish-related scrapbook items are yours. Now I just have to finish the baby scrapbook. . .um, might want to get a move on that!!!! by the way, monkeys do better layouts than I do!!!
Okay - maybe you are nesting. Get that freezer good and stocked!!!
(I knew I was nesting when I found myself at 3am on my hands and knees scrubbing my kitchen floor - couldn't sleep and that floor was dang dirty!)
You are amazing! I still have a scrapbook and cute baby boy supplies from Adam 3 yrs ago. It is all yours if you have a boy. I know I will never get to it. Heck, I don't even print pictures anymore. They all live in my computer. I am so excired!
I didn't see any mention of duct tape in there. How many rolls do you have? Otherwise I think you're doing well.
Boy do you sound ready! I am so excited for you. I really keep thinking we could end up with babies on the same day - especially if you are already 3cm and 75%. I need to do more walking to up my numbers - only 1+ cm and 30%.
PS - if you want to make more lasagna and freeze it for me, I'd be more than happy to take it off y our hands!!! :-)
Oh and I forgot to mention that I like the new side bar action! I might copy the "cast of characters" thing!
Karmyn: Good to see you again! Whew! Must have been one clean floor when you were done!
Isa: I don't know why I print. Not very environmentally friendly, but I like the pics in hand. . .I miss you!!!!
Mark: Between living in a hurricane zone, being married to a man's man, and owning a 10-year old Jeep we have more duct tape than we need. But I might need to go count to make sure. ..and organize things while I'm out in the garage
Stiggs: Glad you noticed the change! I'll send over any spare casseroles, for sure! Can't wait to meet Sprout and KidZilla!
I don't know, that sounds more like manic behaviour than nesting, but maybe they're the same thing. I think you're just getting antsy.
Hey don't worry about all the beaver talk, if I knew what you were talking about I might be embarrassed, but I'm totally clueless. It does however, give new meaning to the term 'self-effacing'.
I predict it's going to be sliding in to home plate within 72 hours...
... and f.a.s.t, too. You have half the work nearly done (effaced and dialated!!)
yowswer!!!!
(I'm always wrong. don't worry)
Too funny! If you have some more free time I will send you my scrapbook...I'm a year and a half behind!
I'm worn out just reading this you are so well organised; hope KidsZilla appears on time for you.
Sounds like you are ready to go! You are right about preg. making talk about the hoo hoo seem normal. During the birth of my 2nd child my Mom was there, I was in the stirrups and realized that my hoo hoo was in full view of my Dr., my husband and my mother. I got so tickled at the thought of some boy seeing my "stuff" with my mom standing there..The drugs prob. helped make that funny...
Pamela- YEAH lets start a pool,I am saying Monday the 25th at 6ish am.
WT: Once again, you have hit the nail on the head. More OCD than nesting.
Pamela: If you're right, I'll send you a present. Promise.
CC: I'm the world's least creative scrapbooker, but my neighbor is great. Send it on over to her. . .
ChrisB: We both deserve a nap!
For the Love. .: Monday works for me!
Post a Comment