So I've been trying not to be a goofball about this, but my friend Aimee mentioned it on her blog so I feel like I have the green light to be a little nostalgic.
This time last year we found out that we were expecting a baby. It was quite a surprise as we assumed that it would take a lot longer between deciding to try to have a baby and having one on the way.
And now we have our perfect little guy. It just blows my mind that Zane was the little nugget we saw on the ultrasound with the little heart beating away. Even more amazing to think that he was the karate master bouncing around my midsection whilst we bumbled through Ireland.
Last Halloween we sat with our neighbors handing out candy and talking about the 4- and 10-month-old babies that would be with us next year. And it's already next year.
We are so blessed to have had a healthy pregnancy and a perfect, healthy boy. We had no idea how things would turn out when we started this a year ago. We have been pleasantly surprised at each step.
And posts like Stephanie's today over at MamaDrama remind me how fragile and precious these babies are. It reminds me to thank God a million times a day for Zane.
This time last year was somewhat tumultuous with moving to Poland, wait, make that Ireland. And the beginning of a pregnancy. And figuring out the dogs and stuff. And packing. And saying farewell to friends and family for what we thought would be 3 years. Even daydreaming about what things would be like a year later would not allow me to understand how amazing and challenging and wonderful things would be right now. I am so thankful.
So I'm going to try not to be all like: "And today, last year, we did this" too much. But this was an exciting time last year, even if that excitement was laced with sheer terror of the unknown.
All I know is that I never thought I could be this happy. And I'm so thankful to God for all He has given us.
What will life be like in another year? I certainly don't know. And I have learned not to speculate. But if this year is anything like last year, I know it will be an exhilarating ride and I don't want to miss a minute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
What a difference indeed...glad you're enjoying the ride.
You've had a massive year and it's been fun reading about your journey so now looking forward to hearing about the next year!
I've said it a million times, but I am so glad we are going through all of this together! I really am thankful! Wow - what a year!
a joy to read about it
Life is certainly a journey, isn't it?
Beautiful post :)
amen, amen.
Post a Comment