Friday, February 01, 2008

My biggest parenting fears. . .

Numero Uno is definitely BULLIES. Schools are completely inept when dealing with them. It's the kid who is being BULLIED who is PUNISHED; not the BULLIES. I know the problem is really often nothing that the school can fix because it resides at HOME with the bullies' PARENTS, who are at the very least, absolutely clueless gobshites with perhaps moderately good intentions. At worst they are encouraging the behavios. One of the women at my Bible study's KINDERGARTNER is being bullied. Shit. This shite's gotta stop. Seriously, people. Columbine and shit.

Dos: The Zane will learn to take off his diaper and paint on the walls with his poo. Jenny over at MamaDrama and The Bloggess wrote about this, like, eons ago, and I am afraid. Very afraid. Yesterday he very skillfully undid one side of his diaper and I could see the look on his face was all: "Hell, yeah!!! Shit happens when you party naked!!!"

TRES: And this is a new one. Again, thanks to Jenny. Zane's favorite teething toy lights up when you push a button. So there is some sort of electric current coursing through this TEETHNG TOY. Which he slobbers all over. So. . .just hypothetically. . .can't he get a shock from this thing? ?? !!! ??????? Just freakin' great, Baby Einstein. Reeeeal smart.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

He he he - just hypothetically! I love Jenny!

But seriously about bullying - scary stuff. We know schools, teachers and parents can be so clueless about all of this. YIKES!

Anonymous said...

ha ha - laughing about the electrical current.

I worried about bullies too - but now am more worried about drugs and peer pressure. I'll take the bully out - I swear it...but how do you protect your kids form the "just try it"?

Oh - and poop smearing? My son never did - but my daughter did it b/n the ages of 15-18 months (4 times to be exact - with me losing it and giving her a spanking the 4th and final time)

Jenny, the Bloggess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Yep. You've got yourself a poop smearer. Start investing in snappable onesies now because that's the only thing that's standing in the way of a poop fresco.