Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School

I love the "back to school" time of year.
In my mind, the air changes as soon as those school buses start rolling--the humidity drops and the temperature settles at a lovely 75 degrees.
Of course, no such thing happens. We're all sweating buckets, even with the late start of school this year. But I can let my imagination run wild.
We almost got a glimpse of this "school air" certain mornings this week. Ahh. A glimpse of the fall weather to come. Yes, all four days we might get of fall-like weather.
Regardless, I still enjoy watching all the kids going back to school. And so does Zane, apparently.
Last year I watched all the moms on the block packed their kids off for the first days of school as I strolled along with a tiny, tiny (okay, so he was never "tiny") baby.
This year my big boy "vroom-vrooms" with glee at the sight of every school bus.


I'll have to keep this picture for when he's about 15 and slightly less thrilled to see that yellow limousine.

I absolutely love this picture. He's growing up so fast! He will be getting on that bus before I know it.

Then I might be a little sad about the start of school, marking another year that my baby has grown up even more.

But I can still hold out for that fantastic school weather.

1 comment:

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Are you sure he's not just waving and saying 'so long suckers! I get to play all day!' :)