I can't believe it. Time has flown.
Zane turns 14 months in just a few hours.
Not that there's anything particularly significant about that age. Just that another month has flown by and my baby is more and more a big boy every day.
Every moment, at that!
Take this afternoon, for example. After our excellent play date with our friends and neighbors (thank you--a blast!!) Zane came home and was a little fussy so we were reading through his favorite page of a lift-the-flap book--the "VROOM VROOM page" for those of you who are interested, by the way. Well, he turned the book over and saw a picture of bananas. So I said: "'nanas" and then he said: "nanas"
Seriously!
It's a new word!!! Add that to the list: mama, dada, bye-bye, pup-pup, 'nana (and the variety of "sh" sounds that mean, in no particular order: fish and shoes and anything plural).
To make sure he was really talking about bananas, we went out to the kitchen and tortured our last unsuspecting banana.
"Is that 'mama'?" I asked, pointing to the banana, trying to see if he really knew what he was saying.
He got a serious look on his face, then HE POINTED TO ME!!!
Ha! HA! A regular ol' genuis we got here!
After plenty of "testing" he knows his new word: 'nana.
Unfortunately, this happened waaay too close to bedtime, and it took me an hour of listening to "nana nana nana nananananananan" and him pointing beyond his bedroom door to further emphasize his NEW WORD, HOLY MOLY we're communicating now and WHO CAN SLEEP? now that we're talking?????
I know things are only going to get more and more fun with this whole talking thing.
This month has been trying at times. Zane seems to be going through some screaming phase. I just might be losing my hearing.
But he gets more precious every day (is that even possible?). We have had a lot of potty humor, which I will spare you. Seriously, this kid cracks me up.
He is proving nature vs. nurture with his out-of-the-blue love for all things that GO. "VROOM VROOM" is his favorite, whether it's an airplane, car, bus (oh, yes, he LOVES him some school bus), or lawnmower. We have not encouraged this--it's just a boy thing he's picked up.
We just love our darling boy. He is so much fun. And challenging. But very fun! I just can't wait for what will be "new" tomorrow.
3 comments:
Happy 14 Months, Z!
He is getting so big and I can't believe he is such a good talker. bay still only says mum, dada, and ssshhhhhh (maybe for shoes).
Smart boy...and a seriously cute one too :)
What a cutie patootie.
Seriously, my favorite age is 12-23 months because they are so dang cute and learn so much so quickly. (then they turn 2 and start to get a mind of their own).
Post a Comment