Friday, March 16, 2007

Distracted

So you know when you are taxed with accomplishing tasks A-E and all you seem to get done are newly invented tasks F-ZZ? That has been me for the last couple of days.

I'm trying to pack myself up, clean the house, cook and freeze meals for J, prepare for having dogs again, blog, decide what to do about St. Patrick's day, eat healthier, work out more, keep up with the wash, maintain social activities, etc. etc.etc. And I'm failing miserably on all fronts!!!

Sure I know J is a grown-up and can take care of meals for himself. But I feel compelled to "take care of my man" while I am gone. I'm no Martha Stewart, so don't confuse me. Now that I'm an, ahem, SAHW, taking care of the home front is my "job".

The time change back in the States has totally thrown me off and is confusing (we're only 5 hrs ahead for a few more weeks) and I'm going to partially blame that. The additional seconds I spend daily calculating what time back home is seriously cutting into my productivity.

But I haven't even been blog-hopping lately. I've missed the blogosphere tremendously but have done nothing to resolve this. Collapsing into bed at 8:30 the other night was really rewarding and I won't begrduge myself for wasting precious blogtime by sleeping, but. . .

But here I find myself--wasting the day and getting ??? done. Seriously, it's not like I'm MOVING or anything. . . I just am going back home for two weeks. Should be a no-brainer.

So that's my task for today and if I can get my c-r-a-p together I will post one of the many posts in my head right now. (Why is it you can always think about good stuff to write when you just can't sit down to write it?).

I'm off to making my lists and checking them twice.

7 comments:

Aimee said...

That is exactly how my Spring Break is going. Greg and I sat down and made lists of the things we wanted to accomplish. So far I have only done one - paint. But I swear I've been busy every day.

The weather is finally nice (No Rain!) and we are planning on doing some things outside! YEA!

Can't wait to see you! I know that everyone at work would love to see you. Maybe you could drop by one day for lunch!?!?!?

~a

Beccy said...

I remember when I used to make and freeze meals for my husband before I went away. You'll be glad to hear I got over it!

Anonymous said...

Now's the time to spoil your DH. He may drop off the radar when baby arrives.

Been wanting to tell you, I loved your photos on Saturday's post :)

Anonymous said...

That is a daily occurence around here. My parents are coming this weekend and I need to clean. Have I done anything? just changed the sheets on their bed - the rest of the house is a disaster!

Sabrina said...

Stiggs: Can't wait to see the paint in the baby's room!!!
Beccy: Love it!! Happy St. P's day! Hope you have fun at the Dublin parade!
Mom23Cubs: Thanks for stopping in! Glad you liked the pics!!!
Karmyn: Hope you have a great weekend with your parents!!!

Amber said...

So, did you find out who was naughty and nice....

I could sooo relate to the juggling act of this blog. Just so much going on these days!

Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear Sabrina. Distraction is my middle name. When you have nothing to do, all of a sudden, little things take a long time and it's easy to fill a whole day with nothings...