Tuesday, June 05, 2007

For my birthday, I went topless. . .

And I got a sunburn.
No, no, I didn't bare my frighteningly large pregnant self this weekend. I'm talking about the Jeep, of course.
So here I am posing with the Jeep top-down. (I never thought I'd own a car that I pose with so often.) Yeah, check out those non-ankles. Frightening!!! Anyway. . .I had a fantastic birthday. One that I will always remember as the "Praise God the house did not burn down" birthday. But more about that later.
After a really sluggish morning, we made it over to my parents' house, where we celebrated with my aunt Rose, who came down from Houston especially for me. Hugs!!! We went to my parents' church bazaar to enjoy their fried chicken dinner. Yummy!! (Yes, I know, there was no sodium in that meal at all.) Then we did presents and cake. MMMM. Cake. Almost the last one before the true cake moratorium begins.
Here I am with my DH at my parents'. Excuse me if I am windblown. . .

After visiting, we retreated back to our house to rest up/elevate for a little while and then headed back out to my DH's parents' house. I usually celebrate my b-day with my BIL (who turns 21 today, by the way!! Whoo-hoo!) but he was working, so I totally got all of the attention. Nice! My SIL was there, too, and she rocks and just got the coolest job with the King Ranch so it was neat to hear all about that. We had more cake, and it was good.

Here's a pic of my DH making my breakfast-for-dinner Saturday night as a birthday warm-up. I thought it was a cute picture. He has totally been nominated for "daddy pancake Saturdays" because the man can make the thickest, fluffiest pancakes ever. Yum.

So we got home Sunday night about 8PM and my DH was all like: "Did you turn off the air conditioning?"

And I was all like: "No way, it's totally hot!"

And he was like: "Well, it's 84 degrees in here and the a/c won't turn on."

So I was like: "Oh man, let me call my dad."

Because my dad just happens to be all certified and qualified and bonafide in all things electric and air conditional. So after a few minutes of troubleshooting on the phone (all options of what could be wrong were bad, very bad) he decided to come over and see what he could do.

My dad arrived and he and my DH sweat up in the attic for a little while and then they found the problem: there's a lightswitch that cuts the power to the air conditioner so you can turn it off if you're working in the attic instead of having to go down to the breaker box.

Our switch had totally burned and melted up there in our attic. YIKES! It could have burned the whole house down. With our puppies trapped inside. Just too awful to think about.

Anyway. . .Dad fixed it and we slept cool. And the house did not burn down. Yay.

So that's my birthday story. I just want to report that it is almost 10AM today, and I still have ankles!! Whoo-hoo!!! I am pretty excited about this!!! Yippee!!!

PS: Thank you Jillian for loaning me the awesome shorts!!!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday and that the house didn't burn down. We need to get together soon. The nursery is still not done, but you can come and see it anyway.
XOXO
~a

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day...especially avoiding the a/c catastrophe!

I know the King Ranch...what job did your SIL get there?

Anonymous said...

Whew - lucky your dad lives so close to be able to come help solve electrical problems!!!!

Happy Birthday - sounds like a very fun cakey time!

isabelkhan said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie!
I glad to hear all is well. You look beautiful! Can't wait to see you again.

ChrisB said...

This birthday was certainly memorable! hoorah for Mr Fix it dad's, glad all ended well!!

Anonymous said...

Hey you managed to get a car that describes your present physical discomfort.

We qualified types like to call those switches 'isolation' or 'isolating' switches, we normally only call them light switches if they actually turn a light on.

Sabrina said...

Stiggs: Will have to come over soon! Do you want to go to the MamaDrama lunch in two Saturdays?
CC: SIL is a CPA. I think she's a controller. Comptroller? Anyway. . .they fly her down to the ranch all the time now. Cool!!!
Karmyn:Thank goodness for Dad!
Isa: I am a bad friend and need to call you!!! Love you, chica!!!
ChrisB: Again, thank goodness for Dad!!!
WT: Hahahahaha. I felt pretty isolated when it was stinkin' hot in my house!!!